SwimEx Pool Featured at University of Rhode IslandJanuary 21st, 2014
The amount of Physical Therapy Centers who offer aquatic therapy is on the rise. To keep up with the demand an increased number of colleges and universities are offering programs for aqua therapy and incorporating SwimEx pools on campus.
If you live in Rhode Island you can visit University Physical Therapy. It is a full-time outpatient clinic available to patients from the University of Rhode Island and local community. The clinic is conveniently located in the Independence Square building.
From their website:
“University Physical Therapy is equipped with state-of-the-art rehabilitation tools, including but not limited to:
- SwimEx therapeutic swimming pool/water treadmill
- Balance Master
- Isotonic, free-weight and Isokinetic strengthening and testing devices
- Work simulation equipment
- Simi 2D motion analysis
- GaitRite analysis of walking
- EMG biofeedback
- Cardiovascular equipment
- Electrical, thermal and cryotheraputic modalities
- Real-time Ultrasound”