Leading Edge Physiotherapy Success with Aquatic TherapyFebruary 28th, 2014
Leading Edge Physiotherapy located in Alberta offers Canada’s first in house private hydrotherapy pool located at 145 Carleton Drive, across from Athletes Nation. They created integrated aquatic therapy coupled with land based programs for impressive results.
Please watch the video below to learn more!
From the Leading Edge Physiotherapy website.
Leading Edge Physiotherapy is pleased to offer aquatic therapy (hydrotherapy) in St. Albert, Alberta.
If you have sustained an acute or chronic injury, undergone surgery, sustained a non-operative injury, or are in pain and would benefit from a reduced weight bearing or more comfortable environment for your physiotherapy, then our Integrated Hydrotherapy treatment program may be indicated.
Why Leading Edge Hydrotherapy?
Aquatic therapy takes advantage of the physical properties of water, especially buoyancy. When submerged in water buoyancy supports a patient’s weight which facilitates exercise without the compressive loading forces present with routine land-based programs.
SwimEx aquatic therapy is beneﬁcial in treating many conditions, including:
- Orthopedic injuries
- Total joint replacement (total knee replacements, total hip replacements, shoulder replacement surgery)
- Athletic Injuries
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Balance Disorders
- Pediatric Injuries (Fractures, sprains, strains and issues that reduce weight bearing capacity)
- Spinal Conditions (Herniated discs, degenerative disc disease, stenosis)
- Chronic pain
- Arthritis and Fibromyalgia
- Neuromuscular Disorders