The Chicago Blackhawks are one of the most historic hockey franchises in the National Hockey League. They have won six Stanley Cup championships since their founding in 1926. Their recent Stanley Cups wins were in 2010, 2013, and 2015. Aquatic therapy plays a role in their successful rehabilitation and recovery. Take a look at their pools.
The Blackhawks are one of the “Original Six” NHL teams along with the Detroit Red Wings, Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, and New York Rangers. They use SwimEx plunge pools for their aquatic therapy needs. Aquatic therapy refers to treatments and exercises performed in water for relaxation, fitness, and physical rehabilitation. The Blackhawks use a cold plunge pool, and a hot plunge pool.
Cold Plunge Pool
Cold plunge pools minimize aching muscles and reduce soreness following a workout. This chiller system keeps water temperatures at a therapeutic 50°F (10°c).
Hot Plunge Pool
Warm water works wonders on sore limbs and joints. It reduces pain, swelling, and facilitates muscle recovery to get back in the game fast. The heating system in our hot plunge pools bring water temperatures up to 104° F (40° c).
The Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
- Increase in joint flexibility. The buoyancy of water offers a tremendous advantage because it reduces the effects of gravity allowing for increased joint range of motion.
- Increase in muscle strength. Water is 600-700 times more resistive than air which allows for strengthening of weakened muscles
- Decrease in pain. Immersion in warm water increases an individual’s comfort, by increasing blood supply to sore muscles and promoting relaxation. Weight relief to weakened body structures also creates additional comfort.
- Water temperatures above 92 degrees in conjunction with hands on techniques are effective in creating neutral warmth that reduces increased tone due to a neurological injury.
- Improved balance. The uniform pressure of the water along with buoyancy provides support to your body which allows you increased time to react without the fear of falling or getting hurt.
SwimEx plunge also offers customized plunge pools, that features 4 ways to save time and money.
Top 4 Ways To Make Plunge Pools Work For You
- Temperature retention. SwimEx plunge pools come equipped with either electric or gas heater options; water or air cooled chilling options (depending upon site requirements). They are built with insulated fiberglass construction and have a wood core for superior temperature retention.
- Bottoms drains are standard on all SwimEx plunge pools. This will save you time and energy whenever you need to drain and clean your pool.
- Plunge pools come in all shapes and sizes. For successful outcomes, choose the right sized pool with a specific interior configuration to meet your treatment needs. SwimEx plunge pools come in four standard sizes to accommodate different team and facility sizes: small (4-6 users), medium (6-8 users), large (8-10 users), or XL (10-12 users).
- A plunge pool should satisfy your exact treatment requirements. SwimEx plunge pools can be customized. Vary the depth, length, interior layout, bench and stair configuration. Order one as long as 46’ or as deep as 7’.
Hockey is a physically demanding sport. These pools help the players during a long season. Using plunge pools for your aquatic therapy needs can be very beneficial for a healthy life style.
Clink the link below to get started today.