Best Commercial Therapy Pools
SwimEx is recognized worldwide as the leader in the design, manufacture and installation of commercial therapy pools. Physical therapists and athletic trainers working in a wide range of facilities prefer SwimEx therapeutic pools for training, recovery, and rehabilitation.
Their clients benefit with positive outcomes in many areas, including:
- Recover faster from injury and training
- Develop muscle strength and endurance
- Increase range of motion and flexibility
- Build power, speed and agility
- Correct posture and alignment
- Improve balance, coordination, stability, and movement
- Reduce muscle pain and spasm
- Increase neurological stimulation
- Reduce joint stress and muscle soreness.
How do SwimEx commercial therapy pools compare to the competition? Discover the full comparison.
Our professional clients and the benefits we deliver
Hospitals and physical therapists
- PTs in hospitals trust SwimEx because their patients and clients feel safer, start therapy sooner, recover faster, and get the most out of their exercise.
- Client/patient treatment plans can be tailored for specific outcomes. Results can be measured.
- Clients don’t cancel their aquatic PT appointments compared to regular PT appointments.
- Achieve a positive ROI.
Athletic trainers and sports teams
- The powerful, adjustable water current in SwimEx therapy pools is ideal for athletic trainers who need to have flexibility in treatments. The laminar flow current and the interior design of the pool allows for treating the whole athlete, not just lower extremities.
- 99 speeds allow for precise exercises for all athletes – from post-surgery athletes to conditioned athletes who can be challenged by the current speed.
- Shoulder, elbow, knee, and ankle injuries can all be treated earlier than on land while also strengthening core muscles and improving balance.
- Trainers can simultaneously and independently work with multiple athletes of varying heights and abilities.
- The SwimEx 600 T is popular with teams including West Texas A&M University and UConn.
- The Denver Broncos Training Center features a SwimEx 1500 T and plunge tanks.
- Aquatic exercise for seniors can help manage common medical conditions and improve overall health and well-being.
- A SwimEx aquatic therapy pool is an ideal tool to aid recovery following injury or for post-surgery rehab.
- Multiple depth areas in the SwimEx 1000 T help to adjust the level of buoyancy and weight bearing for various mobility levels.
- The laminar flow current is beneficial for balance and fall prevention and for neurological conditions, providing a safe environment for seniors.
- Grow a network of satisfied clients and increase revenue with SwimEx pools.
Military branches and veterans’ homes around the nation prefer SwimEx resistance pools for training, research and rehabilitation.
Hotels and resorts
SwimEx commercial therapy pools vs the competition
Solid pool construction, superior customer service, adjustable water currents, and the ability to customize each pool sets SwimEx “waves” above the competition. Also, SwimEx proudly offers the best warranty in the industry.
There’s a reason sports teams around the world rely on SwimEx for conditioning and injury rehabilitation. Even some of the greatest sports rivals in history have something in common. They use a SwimEx commercial therapy pool!
Let’s dive into the key comparisons between SwimEx commercial aquatic therapy pools and one of our competitors:
Propulsion system vs jets
- Wide and deep current with smooth laminar flow.
- Current can be used with elderly patients working on balance to athletes ready to get back in the game.
- 99 speed settings and a current that moves up to 20,000 gallons per minute.
- Directional swim jets provide a narrow, turbulent resistance that dissipates the further back in the pool you go.
- Frail or acute patients find jets too strong or unpleasant.
- Jets do not offer a wide range of water current speeds, with limitations of up to 1,000 gallons per minute.
Structural fiberglass shell vs metal panels with vinyl liner
- Structural fiberglass shell, with ¾” balsa wood core for optimal heat retention resulting in lower energy costs.
- Easy to clean smooth gelcoat interior. Lower maintenance costs with no liners to replace.
- Metal panels with a vinyl liner similar to an above-ground outdoor pool, or 1-piece acrylic shell.
- Vinyl liners eventually require paid replacement.
- Mold and mildew can form between the panels and the vinyl liner.
Customizable layout vs standard layout
- All models allow for a customizable layout. Ability to change size, depth and interior layout to meet your specific needs.
- Only some models allow for a customizable layout.
Up to 4 treadmills vs 2 treadmills
- Up to 2 treadmills are available in a standard layout. If extensions are added, then up to 4 total treadmills are available.
- Maximum of up to 2 treadmills available.
Moveable platform vs moveable floor
- Moveable platform available in several pool models. Allows for zero entry and an additional work space at any depth. Doesn’t interfere with other athletes/patients who are also working in the pool.
- Movable floor available in only 2 models. Moveable floor dictates that all patients need to be working at the same water depth and the same speed.
Treatment versatility vs treatment limitations
- Many pool models provide the ability to treat multiple clients, at different depths, simultaneously.
- Work benches allow for seated exercise.
- Plyometric pads allow for bounding exercises.
- Walking/ Running can be done 3 ways, against the current on the flat floor, against the current on the angled running pad, or on optional underwater treadmill
- Limitation of just one pool model that can treat multiple clients, at different depths, simultaneously.
- No benches or plyometric pads.
- Limited ability to work on the upper body or core.
If you want a quiet, powerful, and virtually maintenance-free pool that moves more water in a wider area than any other pool on the market, SwimEx is the choice for you.
Free PDF download – full comparison of features between SwimEx commercial therapy pools and the competition: