Swim Spa Benefits
A small home resistance pool may be the ideal solution if you’re dreaming of a pool for exercising, swimming, and entertaining, but don’t have the space or time to maintain a full-sized pool. The versatility of motion pools means they can be a feature and a home physical therapy machine all in one!
Summary of swim spa benefits:
- Water exercise helps to improve physical and mental health.
- Water workouts are easy in a resistance pool.
- Aquatic exercise in a resistance pool helps with back problems or arthritis, and with rehab after surgery – e.g. joint replacements.
- The convenience of being able to swim at home and at the temperature you desire.
- Savings on water, less maintenance and lower utility bills compared with a traditional backyard or indoor pool.
- Reduced pool chemical usage
Ultimate Swim Spa Guide
The zen of motion pools
No matter where you live, a home resistance pool can make a great lifestyle into a perfect one. Imagine it’s Saturday morning and you want to go to the gym. But, you dread fighting the crowds. You’d love to swim laps, but you don’t like the idea of sharing the pool with strangers. And you want to run on the treadmill or lift weights, but you don’t want to wait in line. A home pool with a current feature lets you do all of the above and you never have to leave the house. It gives you the privacy you need for an inclusive workout, day or night, helping to improve your physical and mental health.
- A pool with a consistent water current allows for stroke analysis to improve your form.
- There is no need for flip turns in a moving water pool. Simply keep on swimming.
- A current pool with an adjustable water flow allows you to achieve interval and endurance workouts.
- Program a swim training session that includes a warm-up, swim, and cool down.
- If you want to teach your children to swim, you can do so in your own home.
Swim spa benefits for health and wellbeing
Here’s how the stress-free and supportive environment of water helps to heal, recover and rehabilitate, and manage some common health conditions:
If you’re looking to improve your health, fitness, and well-being, then you can enjoy a range of swim spa benefits:
- Improved mental health – any exercise releases endorphins, reducing stress and increasing happiness.
- Healthier heart – water workouts improve cardiovascular health and build a stronger heart. Swimming can lower blood pressure in older adults.
- Stronger bones – reduce the risk of osteoporosis by exercising to strengthen bones and muscles. Different current speeds in a swim spa let you slowly increase the water flow as you gain confidence and strength.
- Increased muscle strength – similar to building stronger bones, pool exercises improve muscular strength.
- Better flexibility – exercise, especially swimming, improves leg, hip, neck and arm flexibility.
- Reach a healthy weight – working out and swimming in your own swim spa is both a comfortable and convenient way to exercise. It helps to tone up and reduce body fat.
Anyone can utilize water’s unique properties for recovery and rehabilitation. Whether you’re getting over an injury, or having joint replacement surgery rehab, water therapy is an incredibly effective tool. A pool current can help you to loosen and repair your body with less pain. Here are three key swim spa benefits relating to recovery and rehab:
Current pools provide a constant test for balance. This allows for controlled movement that increases strength and helps prevent future injury by eliminating the chance of falling.
Exercise tip: Are you having trouble with balance? Walk or jump against the current. Mastering this in the water helps your body learn the right mechanics to regain balance on land.
Develop proper gait, posture, and body alignment
Current pools with an adjustable current provide varied resistance. This can challenge you beyond your comfort levels of exercise, all without risking injury.
Exercise tip: Start the current at a low-speed and increase it from one session to the next to progressively get stronger.
Exercise more effectively
A pool with current can assist movement and help build confidence. Increased confidence means it’s more likely you will continue exercising. Working out against the current builds core strength. If the current spans the entire width of the pool, as in a SwimEx paddlewheel swim spa, you can successfully achieve any workout routine.
Exercise tip: Try using the current with your eyes closed. This is extremely helpful to learn how to rely more on vestibular and sensory systems for balance.
- muscle spasms and weak muscles
- joint range of motion
- poor balance
- impaired coordination.
A swim spa saves space, time and money
A current pool will save you money and provide all of the fun, function, and home improvement you desire. Here’s why:
Most current pools take up less space than traditional inground pools. They can be tucked in the corner of a room, put in a garage, or even in sunroom solarium oasis. Their footprint size can be flexible to accommodate from one or two people up to models that can fit 8-10 comfortably.
A smaller footprint can also mean less construction. Whether you’re building a new room or looking to fit your pool into an existing space, less construction means less expense. Once the room is ready, installation can take only a few days.
SwimEx current pools are free-standing fiberglass structures that don’t need additional support. And you can install our resistance swim spas indoors or outdoors, and above ground, inground, or semi inground.
Many swim spas can be ordered to match your home décor. Choose just the right pool tiles to match your floors, walls, or the entire room. SwimEx allows you to pick the color of the pool itself. It only takes your imagination to create the ultimate swim spa for your oasis.
And if you choose a SwimEx fiberglass swim spa, you will be able to customize the interior layout. Build in benches, stairs, aquatic treadmills, and different depths to create your perfect pool.
Get inspired with swim spa designs for your home.
Small pools and swim spas generate a smaller carbon footprint. They require less water, fewer chemicals, and less electricity than most inground pools. You can easily heat a small pool with solar panels, eliminating other heat sources all together. From the initial fill to topping off your pool to draining it for cleaning, you’ll use significantly less water. Good for the environment and your wallet!
If you choose a SwimEx unit constructed with a balsa wood core, you’ll get more temperature retention and spend even less. In addition, the gel coat on fiberglass pools acts as a barrier against moisture absorption so you’ll fill it less often. All this adds up to a pool that’s better for the environment and easier on your wallet. Plus, if you keep the pool covered with a thermal blanket or hard top cover, there is minimal humidity and evaporation and more heat retention. A win-win all around!
The best part is that you have endless options and no matter where you live, you can use your swim spa all year long at whatever pool temperature you desire. If you choose an outside installation, you only need to cover it for use throughout the year. Just imagine enjoying your warm swim spa on a snowy day!
Start planning now for a swim spa that has tremendous versatility, but comes with less hassle and less cost than other types of home pool.
Find My Pool
FIND THE RIGHT POOL FOR YOUR HOME
Searching for the perfect pool? Simply answer a few questions about your preferences and instantly get your tailored pool recommendations.